Scenario: When installing the APP-V server side components and pointing to the SQL database sometimes we would get the following message.
Our user account had full rights to the SQL instance and was a local admin of the APP-V box.
Error: The installation program could not connect to the configuration data store. Please see the installation log file for more information.
Solution: right click and run the setup as admin
Scenario: Edgesight 5.6 not working on Xenapp 6.5 in Private mode with Provisioning Services 5.0
The edgesight agent would run locally without issue – but little to no data would be uploaded for each the server for users logons when running reports etc etc
The edgesight server would report a duplicate entry for registered servers after every reboot of any of the PVS servers.
the following steps have to be taken to install the Edgesight Agent properly on a privatte PVS Image solution
- The registry key must be set to ignore PVS Private mode (so the agent will actually run)
- the edgesight database must have a consistent disk to write its database too
FIX 1) (if its a x64 bit server remember to use syswow64)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARECitrixSystem MonitoringAgentCore4.00 “IgnorePVSMode”=dword:00000001
(allow the edgesight agent to run even in private PVS mode)
IF AGENT IS NOT INSTALLED ALREADY
msiexec.exe /i EdgeSightXAAgent.msi /l logfile.log /q SERVER_NAME=EDGESIGHTSERVER COMPANY=Mycompany DATA_DIR=”d:CitrixSystem MonitoringMydata”
IF AGENT IS INSTALLED ALREADY
- Within the registry, navigate to the key HKLMSoftwareCitrixSystem MonitoringAgentCore4.00 and change the DataPath to the appropriate location on the physical disk of the target devices.
- Within the file system, navigate to %ProgramFiles%CitrixSystem MonitoringAgentCoreFirebird and locate aliases.conf.
- Open aliases.conf in a text editor and change the RSDatr entry to match the location of the data folder on the physical disk of the target devices. For example: RSDatr = D:CitrixSystem MonitoringDataRSDatr.fdb